Welcome to The Griffins' Class!
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!
Welcome to the Griffins Class 2018 to 2019
Additional notes from information evening
Just a few key points of information from the Information evening.
- Children are asked to change their own reading books (when they have finished both) first thing in the morning when they arrive in school. Everything is available in the classroom to enable them to do this.
- Please hear your child read at home, then write in their reading diary and initial the entry. We will collect in reading diaries once a week in order to record reading at home on book marks so that your child can work towards their reading badges.
- Spellings will be put in reading diaries each Friday so that they can be learned for a test the following Friday.
- A new times table will be put in diaries every few weeks for practise. These should be learnt in and out of sequence.
- Additional homework will be given out on a Friday in a pink book. Children will get a house point if they bring it back completed the following Monday. If there is an issue please encourage your child to speak to me about it as soon as possible. Year 3 homework should be completed and returned by Thursday and year 2 have until Friday morning (however, an earlier return is to be encouraged if possible). Children should put their completed homework in the blue tray inside the classroom door.
- PE kits should be in school for Mondays, Thursdays (years 2 and 3) and Friday (year 2 only). We will be swimming after half term on a Thursday afternoon.
- Forest school (Comple Copse) kits should be in school at all times because we have no set day. If this kit gets wet or very muddy we will send it home, otherwise it will only need to go home at half term.
- Please notify the office if your child is being collected by someone else at the end of the day.
Welcome to the new Griffins Class.
I would like to welcome everyone to our new class. The Griffins are a mix of children from year 2 and year 3 with myself (Mrs Kail-Dyke) as teacher and Mrs Addis (HLTA).